field camp (episode one)
Lalalalala..im in a damn good mood now..bwahaha.
Im back im back!!!
After like donkey days in tht literal shit hole,im glad I pulled thru and survived!!
PRELUDE:
The day before was my ippt, or in layman terms, napfa. Haha. Dunno whether I shd congratulate myself or kick myself. I managed to jump 234 which gave me 4 marks for sbj, and which also qualified me for gold. That stupid run. I managed a 9.54. I should be damn happie, cuz I hafn subbed ten mins for god knows how long. But I jus felt like kicking myself, for if I had been 10 secs faster, the gold wld haf been mine. Only one guy managed a gold btw. Wilson that sick shit who ran his 2.4 in 7.36. never mind there’s still the last ippt. Haha.
DAY 1:
Day started with a tiring 8k route march, after which everyone was totally shagged out. Not a good way to start off a marathon field camp. After we reached permatang and took in the breathtaking sea view, we started building our bashas and digging drainage. It was admittedly the worst basha I built in my entire life, because me and buddy’s tent pin cords weren’t of the same length. The basha was kinda lopsided, and the drainage was a total half fuck attempt. Whoops. We were to suffer the dire consequences later. After lecture one, it started raining and we had to go back to our bashas to consume our lunch. My first taste of combat ration. Eh quite ok. Subsequently it went downhill. And that pack was supposedly the one that tasted the best. I love all their exotic names. Mine was pasta with shredded chicken. It was one of the best already. Eeyir vomit inducing. As the rain got heavier, we realized the importance of drainage, as our underwear started to get wetter and wetter. I lost my goretex jacket cover down there as well. Damn. After the heavy rain subsided, we went out to see the nice picturesque hilltop where we were supposedly perched upon moments ago diminish into a mound of disgusting mud and waste. Powder bath was horrendous. My stupid slipper got stuck in the mud and the whole thing was caked in brown gooey mire. And somehow I couldn’t pass the inspection. I alr emptied so much powder on myself and it was still not enough. Grrr.
INTERLUDE:
In the middle of the night, it started raining like there was no tomorrow. Again, we had to suffer the consequences of our lousy drainage as water flowed in like a reservoir. I woke up thinking I was sleeping in the middle of
DAY 2:
Starting of all the boring lessons alr.
DAY 3:
In the morning we had stupid tests. I did ok. Ok only. For the first time, when I drape myself with all the flora and fauna and prone down, I am able to see what the jokers are doing. After that was the leaving of our beautiful seaside resort to a place called oil palm plantation. Shit, no sea view. But this time, after all we went through the past two nights, buddy and I were determined to build a decent basha. And so we did. Haha heard tht area’s haunted like shit. Nothing funny happened to me though. After that was powder bath. As usual, I did not make the required standard again. Damn.
INTERLUDE:
Somebody tapped me lightly on the back. I tried to ignore the feeling, but the tapping got harder and harder and harder and…I opened my eyes a wee bit and saw a dark shadow looming over our basha. Hair standing on ends, I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, living in fear of the unknown. Finally I mustered enough courage to turn around. Before I could open my eyes, a deep hoarse voice croaked….
“eh buddy, wanna go toilet? I very urgent leh..”
phew…
“and hor, the clothes we put on top of the basha hor, want to take in not ah? Tonight like going to rain leh.” -_-

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home